Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The beauty of Malaysia

Last month I was blogging from Vietnam; this month I greet you all from Malaysia. Actually from the KLIA (airport).

As some of you know I lived here in Malaysia for 4.5 years while I was doing my undergraduate degree from 1994-1999. My husband and I have been back countless times since then and each time we notice change. Honestly Malaysia never seems to rest in terms of progress. Every direction you turn, you will notice huge skyscrapers, more shopping centers, more restaurants, more everything.

But that is the beauty of Malaysia. You still have the old, traditional buildings interspersed with the stainless steel, glassed skyscrapers. And as paradoxical as it may seem, the juxtaposition works beautifully.

For some of you who have never been to Malaysia, let me give you a glimpse..

You cannot come to Malaysia without staying in its capital city, Kaula Lumpur. And at the heart of Kuala Lumpur is the famous Petronas Twin Towers.





The surrounding areas of the twin towers are modern tropical gardens with a majestic water fountain, cooling those who sit around it.


Notice the huge skyscrapers and the crane on top of another building.




The Convention Centre across from the Twin Towers
Malaysia is more than the twin towers of course; there are traditional wet and dry markets, many food stalls and hawkers everywhere, but unfortunately hubby and I did not venture too far from the Bukit Bintang and KLCC area. But we did manage to go to Melaka, a historic town we had never been to in all our times in Malaysia. I will save that for another blog as it is now time to board the plane once again- this time to Istanbul...

Good night folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment